Sunday, January 24, 2010

Sundays at Hossmoor





Every Sunday rain or shine I can be found at Hossmoor a beautiful piece of heaven. It is an equine stable and boarding facility located at 1151Bear Creek Rd. in Briones. Felicity (Sonny's mom) - shown riding Ellie Mae, introduced me to this place 2 years ago and suggested that I volunteer. My friend Karen and I make the trek with coffee and carrots to fuss over our charges Dusty and Amber. For 2 to 3 hours we escape into the sounds and smells of the horses. All problems and worries seem to disappear as we walk, groom and spoil our adopted ponies. Hetty (owner/operator of Hossmoor) is a real cowgirl and it's not uncommon for us to see her out in the pastures or barn running things as only Hetty can do. One day she gave Archie and I a ride in the cart to the arena. Archie was in heaven. Most of the dogs I take out to the barn get a real kick out of watching all the commotion. When I take Amber for walks, we always stop by the truck to greet the dogs. Hetty has a spot for dogs to hang out. She provides front row seating under a shade tree with a water bowl and chairs so we can all sit and watch the world go by. To learn more about Hossmoor you can check out their web site @ www.hossmoor.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...