Monday, February 2, 2009

nicki

Nicki and I found one another in the spring of 1993. I had no idea what I was in for. I thought that getting a puppy while starting a new business would be a great way to start out my new career as a pet sitter. Hah!
I brought Nicki home from the local shelter. We had a week or two of being head over heels in love. Then the honeymoon was over! For the next 15 years that girl did not let up. She was relentless. The garbage cans, the shoes, the hunting excursions, the late nights, the parties, the list goes on and on. She filled our lives with so many adventures, laughter and tears. I wouldn't change a thing. Her antics usually led to some lesson to be learned. Nicki taught how to be tough when necessary, strong when challenged, joyful, forgiving, and most important, how to love with an open heart. Nicki died last year. Her little 18 pounds of scruffiness may be gone but that terrier spirit is still here guiding me through this next adventure - the trails of the Internet. I hope to somehow share the essence of what we started 16 years ago. Our labor of love "Very Important Pets".

2 comments:

  1. Sweet Nicki - Casey and I still miss her. She was definately one of a kind. And you! Starting a blog - where are you going to get the time? Take care, miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea Coleen!!, what a great way to start your blog with the memories and guidance of Miss Nicki. I can't wait to see where this takes you and I am positive you will have many followers to support you on this journey.
    Miss P and Lexie Lu

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...