Friday, February 20, 2009

The end of an era.


The downside of owning a dog walking business are the goodbyes.
I just received notice that one of the original members of the Very Important Pet "Rat Pack" has died. Rico was mentioned in my last post as being the unlikely boyfriend of Lola. He had the Frank (cool), Dean (sexy), and Sammy (fun) combo going for him. Everyone (except cats and squirrels) found him irresistable.
Lola, Rico's girlfriend was always getting us in over our heads. One day she started a snarlefest with some unsuspecting dog and Rico did not like his tone. He chased after him talking smack. I was terrified he was going to get in a fight! I screamed "NO RICO"! He stopped in mid air, turned around and slowly walked back to us glaring over his shoulder at the other dog.
Of course Lola didn't let on that she was impressed but I think that day Rico became our hero. He was the consummate gentleman.
Rico I'm told lost his battle with cancer. His short time here touched many lives and even though Rico will forever live on in the chronicles of Very Important Pets...I sure hate to see him go.
Goodbye dear friend

1 comment:

  1. And thus the unforgettable phrase was born... "What would Rico do?"

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...